On Sep 7, 8:15 pm, Tobias Beer <beertob...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi PMario,
>
> I have read the same post as well today and took notes. Fixing it was
> easy and so I also posted TagSearchPlugin as an includable plugin-
> space on TiddlySpace...
>
> http://tagsearchplugin.tiddlyspace.com
nice. But the funny thing with TiddlySpace is, that everything, which
is public at your space, gets included into my space. So I get
TagSearchPlugin, GotoPlugin, which is ok. And I get the whole floating
stuff. The TiddlySpace, TiddlyWeb .... tiddlers.

At the moment, there is no easy mechanism to tell include, that I only
want TagSearchPlugin. So at the moment, plugin spaces need to be as
minimalistic as possible. The most minimalistic space is a
vanillaTWebTW :) Have a look at my http://asdf.tiddlyspace.com :)

> Not sure, if I want to go down the TiddlySpace road all along... but I
> created one for me today to see how it works...
>
> http://tobibeer.tiddlyspace.com
That's cool. So knowing your homespace it's easy to include you as a
member, if needed.

> So far so good.
>
> Looking at the sheer volume of your contributions I wonder how you
> keep up and organized.
The key is: No duplicates. Eg: the only source for syntaxHighlighter
is its space. (and a git repo for development and backup)
If I want to use a new plugin. It needs a new space. So for me
including and excluding is very important, at the moment.

> It's also is quite difficult (for me) to tell
> which stuff is the most recent
hm. You mean tiddlyspot, hoster or tiddlyspace. I hope that the plugin
headers contains the right source address :) I look very carefully,
that it is correct.

> and for a few other things how to actually use them,
> like (toolbar) icons or xlist, etc. For example,
> how would the TagSearch toolbar button be an icon?
OK. that tells me, that it needs better documentation.

> Creating individual spaces for plugins seems to make sense, though
> presentation suffers from being bound to the defaults.
jup.

> However,
> reintegrating those plugins scattered all over the place into a
> developpers portfolio does not (yet) seem a straight forward thing.
I think, the homespace should be this place. Which includes all plugin
spaces. Or links and describes other spaces. The follow mechanism
could be used for this. See http://themes.tiddlyspace.com

But at the moment, everyone uses the homespace as a sandbox. Me
too :)

> Anyways, I hope I will see an integrated space of your plugins
> somewhere around TiddlySpace.
The problem is, that I'd prefer hoster, because it is much more
flexible. And it doesn't have this "all or nothing" approach. But the
UI lacks a little bit, and it is "more complicated" for standard
users :)

> Cheers, Tobias.

have fun!
mario