At Jeremy's suggestion I'm looking at a halfway-house. So rather than
just have evaluated macro parameters switched on or off, we could have
a restricted evaluation: the code would be parsed and only executed if
it was 'safe'. The user would then have the choice of setting macro
parameter evaluation to on, off, or restricted. I'm looking at
implementing this at the moment.

What would be useful is people could give some examples of some of the
simpler evaluated macro parameters (transclusions) that they used.
I've looked at quite a few of Eric's transclusions from TiddlyTools
and think that most of these would require unrestricted evaluation,
since they access the story or the store.

TIA, Martin