A couple of mix&match replies:

> It should scale the svg as well. SVG images seem to behave differently
> on different browsers. Can you point me to the image in question so I
> can see what is going on?

http://scarsandbox.tiddlyspace.com/#Dragon
http://scarsandbox.tiddlyspace.com/#[[Show%20that%20dragon]]

Just some random picture off the web.

> You need to include the <<editFields>> macro in your edit template.

> The plugin Jon refers to does actually go in the EditTemplate. You
> just need to put the following in it. <div macro="editFields"></div>

Right... got it.

> Instead of putting something into your ViewTemplate (which is
> perfectly fine) you could alternatively use an editor for fields...
> http://tobibeer.tiddlyspace.com/#FE2

Tried this too: it seems more elegant than forcing the field editor
onto every tiddler.

> I don't think it's a hack at all - why would it be?

To an end user like me, it seems a complicated procedure, having to
import EditTemplateFieldsPlugin, then edit EditTemplate (which I
couldn't have done without the above spoonfeeding)... maybe not a
'hack' but not obvious... :/

> In order to not burden the user with technical details, one could use
> the NewTiddler macro to create a New Image button which automatically
> sets that field - or better yet, a dedicated plugin with all sorts of
> bells and whistles for SVGs.

That'd be a lot easier :)

> > 4) I was rather hoping for a plugin that allows editing an SVG image
> > already present in the space.
>
> It's definitely possible. One could imagine getting the svg edit
> application (the one used in alex's space) [1] to work as an edit
> template (only for tiddlers with the server.content-type field set to
> image/svg+xml and loading the existing svg file and then saving it
> when finished. You would need to get this running on a tiddlyspace (I
> had a go but it proved too problematic as there are lots of file
> dependencies which have to have a certain namespace). I've been
> meaning to make something basis for a while but just haven't had the
> time :/

Yes, in terms of user-friendliness it would be ideal if editing an
image tiddler is much like editing a text tiddler. No idea how the TW
code could tell SVG Edit (or a similar app) to /load/ the current
image (or save it /back to the TW/), but what do I know. It'd be
superplusgood if editing a bitmap image tiddler would follow a similar
procedure, but I don't see any sort of loading functionality in e.g.
mrdoob.com/projects/harmony or http://mugtug.com/sketchpad/

cheers,

~P