Hi,

In some instances fields may be a necessity.

For instance, I have an application on a TW that could no be done
easily without tags or without fields!
The use case is:
1. On a daily basis I create a Tiddler (that I call Diary and is
automatically tagged as such) based on a form. (I simply press a
button and the Tiddler is craeted with the correct title and tag which
includes the date)
2. The form template contains various items that are monitored as
input widgets. This could be medicine use and pain levels, training
regimen, etc...
3. These items are easy to fill in (radio buttons, drop-down boxes,
text-boxes for notes, etc..
4. Each of the input is associated with a field
5. I have another tiddler setup using a jQuery extension that plots
and displays various graphs (single field and superimposed) of items/
fields measured against time. It uses fET (to select diary tiddlers,
sorted by title which starts with the date as YYYY-MM-DD)
6. The graph is up to date each time that this tiddler is opened.

Works great for me!  :)

TiddlyWiki rocks! :)

Michel