Hi.

I'm using this nice build-in feature of TiddlyWiki, CloseOtherTiddlers
to selectively show one page at a time. Pages (tiddlers) with this
feature are those linked directly to the Main Menu.

However, there is a drawback, when I want to search for a tiddler
containing a text. Whenever I type something in the search box, all
tiddlers containing the text are supposed to be displayed,
highlighting the text in question. In my case though, tiddlers
displayed are less than those actually found.

The reason is pretty obvious and it's caused by the
<<CloseOtherTiddlers>>: each time a new match is made for a tiddler
without the CloseOtherTiddlers directive, it is appended to the
displayed list of tiddlers. But if the tiddler contains the directive,
it causes all other tiddlers to close. The result is a page containing
only the last tiddler found with the directive and those found after
it, without the directive.

I'm looking for a solution to this problem in two directions:
1. Have a check box in the tweak tab above to manually enable/disable
this CloseOtherTiddlers functionality.
2. Be able to specify the behavior of a tiddler from the caller and
not within the tiddler itself. For example, in the Main Menu, I would
be able to define tiddler links like
[[TittlerName::CloseOtherTiddlers]] (the syntax is random), so the
same tiddler, if called normally from another place, won't cause
others to close.

For me, the second option would be much better but I can't afford
loosing time if I have to change a lot of the default TiddlyWiki
behavior.

What do you think? Is there anything else I can use?

Thanks in advance.