Hi!

Can anyone point me to documentation and/or examples of how to create
a theme for the switchTheme mechanism built in to recent versions of
the TW core? I have done extensive googling but all the references and
examples I can find simply overwrite the relevant shadow tiddlers.
There are lots of hints on Eric's TiddlyTools mega-site, but it is not
clear which bits are Core and which depend Eric's plugins and tweaks.

I'm actually at the moment just trying to have a different
ViewTemplate for readonly mode, automatically switched. From examining
the switchTheme code, this seems to be provided for by creating
ViewTemplateReadOnly, but I tried that and it was not automatically
switched. I surmise I actually have to create and apply a theme for
switchTheme to make this work, but I do not know how to do that. I do
not actually want to have user switchable themes at this point, just
the ability to have the ViewTemplate automatically switch with the
readOnly mode, so Eric's SwitchThemePlugin seems like overkill if I
can do this with Core.

Another approach would be to extend Eric's TaggedTemplateTweak to look
for the ReadOnly suffix in when in readonly mode, but I do not want to
do this if the functionality is already in Core.

- John