> > Create a tiddler (e.g., MyTheme), containing this line:
> > |ViewTemplateReadOnly|ViewTemplateReadOnly|

> Also strikes me as a pity the Core system was not done with sections
> rather than slices. This way the entire theme could be packaged in a
> single tiddler making distribution and management a lot easier.

The theme's slice table can refer to sections in the same tiddler:

[[MyTheme]]:
----------------------
|StyleSheet|MyTheme##StyleSheet|
|ViewTemplate|MyTheme##ViewTemplate|
|ViewTemplateReadOnly|MyTheme##ViewTemplateReadOnly|
|EditTemplate|MyTheme##EditTemplate|
|EditTemplateReadOnly|MyTheme##EditTemplateReadOnly|
!StyleSheet
... CSS here ...
!PageTemplate
... HTML here ...
!ViewTemplate
... HTML here ...
!ViewTemplateReadOnly
... HTML here ...
!EditTemplate
... HTML here ...
!EditTemplateReadOnly
... HTML here ...

That's it.  One tiddler.  Of course, you still have to set
config.options.txtTheme="MyTheme", but that is (and should remain) a
separate configuration action (i.e., *using* a theme vs. *defining* a
theme).

enjoy,
-e