I'm not a big contributor to the groups (TW and TWdev) but I feel
strongly concerned
with TW. I like this tool and I use it for personal and semi-
professional purposes.

I was pleased to see there was a new impulse in the TWDev group.
But I was disappointed when I read this thread.

As Eric I'd like to see a more balanced approach to core development.
And simply put I'd like to have some informations on the new features
that are
proposed for the new versions.

> * How should new TWCore features proposed and refined? e.g., online
> discussions, tickets, conference calls, emails, personal
> conversations, formal RFPs/RFCs (YUCK!), etc.

I'd prefer some informal discussions on main topics, or important
changes,
here or better on TWDev

> * What criteria are used to evaluate new features? e.g., public
> demand, code complexity/risk, adaptability (plugin potential),
> backward-compatibility, cross-platform compatibility, etc.

I'm not very concerned with backward compatibility, since I use only
some plugins mainly from tiddlytools and I'm pretty sure Eric will
adapt his work to the new features (?!)
I think public demand through this forum is a good criterium.

And I agree with everything Måns said about "legobricks" :-)

FrD