> I believe this particular thread should be in the dev thread.

Indeed. I'll keep this brief then, and just outline my (personal) opinions.

> I personally would like to see more core commits/patches from Eric.

Quite. This would be awesome. Hopefully the move to git (and I suppose
github) will make this a lot easier.

> I think this would a) help move things along, b) increase the
> diversity in the code base, and c) be a good example for other people
> who want to get their changes in the core. "

Again, I quite agree. As the development speed of TiddlyWiki increases, it
becomes more important to get outside involvement. As Jon implies, trac
isn't doing that very well. Hopefully (as evidenced by other projects
(including TiddlySpace)) github should make that a lot easier.

Until that happens though, we're likely to see mismatches between the speed
we want to go, and the speed that the current setup allows us to go.

> and
>
> "What I _did_ suggest was that we can't let backwards compatibility
> prevent us from making changes that are important. Yes, when that
> happens, we must make sure to communicate how it will impact existing
> situations. "

Indeed. I think TiddlyWikiDev is a good place for that.

> and
>
> "Too many people, inside and out of Osmosoft, think that Osmosoft is
> or should be controlling the code.
> That's not open source. "

I'd love more outside involvement with the codebase. And again, that's one
of the reasons we're moving things to github.

Ben