Måns and Bauwe, thanks for your responses. I had actually tried the
RichTextPlugin before without success. I also just tried the
QuickEditPackage and couldn't get it to work either. I think mGSD must
do something that suppresses the toolbars from showing up when you
edit a Tiddler. I wonder if you can try downloading mGSD and adding in
those plugins yourself to see if you can get them to work, and let me
know if I am doing something wrong...

-Aaron