Hi Folks

I have managed to resolve the management of the system. Maybe not as
neat as some other proposals could have been...but its working -

The english tiddlers get displayed in a TreeView format in a ShowPopup
panel.....when the user clicks on an item it open in the display
window...and a simple addition to the viewtemplate..sets a
config.option to the tiddler title value.....which the sidebar uses to
display the same tiddler. The display also has a simple button in the
toolbar that uses newHere to open a new tiddler, tagged with the
english tiddler name and the tag "portugues"....where the user writes
the translation.

If the user opens an english tiddler that already is partially
translated...the viewtemplate shows the name of the portugues pair
tiddler (thanks to a simple use of matchTagsPlugin).

So, its basically running as I wanted....maybe a bit
cumbersome.....but basically functional.

Thanks anyway
Skye