In terms of Chris's post on Google+ (https://plus.google.com/
116116783696216238689/posts/JgAmbBTcmSQ), it seems that the
tiddlyspace architecture is very versatile, but in that less user
friendly.

So if the end use of tiddlyspace is to be a wiki-like environment,
then things like uploading binary files should be very easy and
intuitive user interface.

If you envision tiddlyspace to be versatile, then when opening a new
space, users could be prompted what they're aim for the space is, so
then think of some options (wiki, notes, sandbox, more ??, and empty
(for advanced users only))

For each of the end-uses a template could be built (a customized
GettingStarted page if you like), but perhaps also a collection of
plug-ins which will expose things like formatting, uploading of
images.

Are you pitching TiddlySpace at people with advanced knowledge of
tiddlers, or are you trying to to offer a service?  Depending on
which, gear yourselfs towards that customer.

In *my* case, I am trying to generate a wiki about a game, so
naturally screenshots of in-game events, or the user interface is an
obvious requirement, so for me having to search to find a way to
upload an image is in no way good.  But I am not necessarily the
target audience, in which case not supporting it intuitively is fine.

In terms of the technical aspects, clicking on the Space: XXXX part is
not at all intuitive if never (or in my case very long ago) faced with
a tiddlywiki backend.

In terms of the backend we have:
Members
Includes
Tiddlers
Plugins
Batch
Tweaks
Import
Export

I'd suggest starting the backend with a summary page:
No of members: X
No of tiddlers: Y
Activity: (ie people visiting/using the space)
Other interesting stats about the space... (edits?)

Then have Options and Tweaks and perhaps Plugins as obvious stuff that
a space administrator may want to explore, and then have tuck the more
advanced stuff like Includes, Batch, Plugins, Import, Export away
somewhere deeper.

Anyawy, I gtg, good luck!

Regards,
-Reenen