Hi Hans

> Are there any examples/documentation/posts that would enable a
> non-programming-but-technical person to figure out how to do the same?

Yes..I have written some guides...and it's made simple to use because
of the replication-distribution so non-technical users don't need to
deploy the app (or install couchapp).

> Or did you just base your implementation on
> this?http://blog.unclephil.net/post/2010/06/01/Exercise%3A-Mixing-2-nice-p...

It's a fork of Phils TiddlyCouch yes (not the plugin from link
above)...a couchapp.
I've added a newer tw version to use SystemSettings and an Atom feed.
And created some empty replicate ready TiddlyCouches for distribution.

You can:
use a couchdb in the cloud
use a couchbase local (so you can work off-line and private...sync
later)

(I usually write a tiddler on one of my local TiddlyCouches and post
with curl to anywhere...almost like email)...
(still examining whats needed to have a send button per tiddler :)

Here is the base (where I write info about TiddlyCouch):
http://bijl.iriscouch.com/bijl-ctw/_design/tiddlycouch/_list/tiddlywiki/tiddlers

One of the 3 replicate-able TiddlyCouches...functional and empty (no
content...howto inside)
http://bijl.iriscouch.com/empty-ctw/_design/tiddlycouch/_list/tiddlywiki/tiddlers

Here some information on howto install a local couchdb.
http://bijl.iriscouch.com/bijl-ctw/_design/tiddlycouch/_list/tiddlywiki/tiddlers#CouchBase

This is nice to do:
http://bijl.iriscouch.com/bijl-ctw/_design/tiddlycouch/_list/tiddlywiki/tiddlers#PublishFromLocalToCloud
(free traveling tiddlers...like sending mail)

Source:
https://github.com/BauweBijl/TiddlyCouch

note...it's experimental...(I'm working on several issues)

B-)