I understand there is problems with the latest browsers for importing
and updating older (pre-2.6.3) TiddlyWikis.  I just tried downloading
a latest TW (2.6.5) and importing everything from another TW in the
current directory.  It failed and told me that the URL needs to be
CORS enabled.  Can someone explain why when I'm importing from a local
file?  This is Windows XP with Firefox 9.01.

I've seen a lot of snippets about this problem posted in many places
(including tiddlywiki.com), but I'm not sure what the current state of
this problem is.  Apparently, there are a number of people using TW
even today -- are they all using older versions of the browser (pre-
FF4) to avoid problems with updating and importing?  Or is there a new
way of working with TW that I've so far not seen?  Inquiring minds
want to know...