FWIW, I just had that problem earlier today and went back and used an
older FF (3.6) as you mention. I'm no expert so I don't know if that
was the optimal way.

BTW, what do you mean with "Apparently, there are a number of people
using TW even today" - are you referring to that many now use
tiddlyspace, or what do you mean?

:-)