> When I open a TW the process hangs for a while, then when it opens
> the PluginManager tiddler is open, the line for the SplitTiddler
> plugin is highlighted, and the following message is displayed in
> the column on the right: "Error: SyntaxError: Unexpected token '/'"
>
> I recently installed a new copy of the plugin. I thought it was
> missing from the TW, but it turned out it was there but not tagged
> with the systemConfig tag.
>
> Maybe it's not supposed to be tagged?

Indeed... SplitTiddler is not a plugin... it is a "transclusion".  All
the code processing is done using embedded HTML form handling, so
there's nothing to invoke during document startup.  Thus, it does
*not* get a systemConfig tag.  To use a transclusion, simply view the
tiddler or embed (aka, "transclude") it into other content (i.e.,
<<tiddler SplitTiddler>>.

Note that *plugins* are tiddlers containing valid javascript code
*only*.  Any other content within a plugin tiddler is enclosed in
javascript comment markers (/* ... */ or //....) so it will be ignored
and not processed as program code.

Also note that, at least for TiddlyTools.com, the convention is that
*plugins* (which require the systemConfig tag) include the word
"Plugin" in their title, while "transclusions" and other 'embedded
code' tiddlers (e.g., HTML forms, scripts using
InlineJavascriptPlugin, etc.) do not have "Plugin" in their title.

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios

----
TiddlyTools needs YOUR financial support...
Help ME to continue to help YOU...
make a generous donation today:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Donations

Professional TiddlyWiki Consulting Services...
Analysis, Design, and Custom Solutions:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Contact