On Jan 26, 2012, at 5:35 AM, Eric Shulman wrote:

>> When I open a TW the process hangs for a while, then when it opens
>> the PluginManager tiddler is open, the line for the SplitTiddler
>> plugin is highlighted, and the following message is displayed in
>> the column on the right: "Error: SyntaxError: Unexpected token '/'"
>>
>> I recently installed a new copy of the plugin. I thought it was
>> missing from the TW, but it turned out it was there but not tagged
>> with the systemConfig tag.
>>
>> Maybe it's not supposed to be tagged?
>
> Indeed... SplitTiddler is not a plugin... it is a "transclusion".  All
> the code processing is done using embedded HTML form handling, so
> there's nothing to invoke during document startup.  Thus, it does
> *not* get a systemConfig tag.  To use a transclusion, simply view the
> tiddler or embed (aka, "transclude") it into other content (i.e.,
> <<tiddler SplitTiddler>>.
>
> Note that *plugins* are tiddlers containing valid javascript code
> *only*.  Any other content within a plugin tiddler is enclosed in
> javascript comment markers (/* ... */ or //....) so it will be ignored
> and not processed as program code.
>
> Also note that, at least for TiddlyTools.com, the convention is that
> *plugins* (which require the systemConfig tag) include the word
> "Plugin" in their title, while "transclusions" and other 'embedded
> code' tiddlers (e.g., HTML forms, scripts using
> InlineJavascriptPlugin, etc.) do not have "Plugin" in their title.

Thanks for the explanation, Eric. I've wondered why some "plugins" are
identified as such and some are not. Didn't occur to me that in fact they are
not plugins.

Also have never understood what people are talking about when they talk about
"transclusion." A bit of insight now.

Sincerely,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult
than it is for other people."

- Thomas Mann