Thank you all for your inputs.
Here is a permalink to PunjabiTranslationPlugin at
punjabi.tiddlyspot.com

http://punjabi.tiddlyspot.com/#PunjabiTranslationPlugin

As a note I should say, I have followed a middle path while choosing
the words in translation.  Some words like delete, upload, backup etc
have been used as they are for the reason that Indians as well as
Punjabis (especially youngsters) are quite familiar with these words
and they are part of the Indian languages now. Some words like 'sync'
were tough choice. I have used certain words according to my
understanding.

Facebook has changed India a lot. My aunts and uncles and  nth removed
cousin is on it. So people are familiar with English interfaces. But a
translated interface is about choices and presence and empowerment. It
would be a delight for me when some Punjabi stumbles upon Tiddlywiki
world to find a PunjabiTranslationPlugin and says ,'Whoa! somebody is
already here and done this?'