Hi Liam

>I know next to nothing. My knowledge extends as far as knowing just the names
>of some of these languages.  I'm way out of my my depth, all I can do is ask
>the most intelligent questions I can and listen carefully to your answers, and
>hope that I'm not annoying everyone.

I started playing with TW a couple of years ago. Like you I didn't
have any training in either HTML or javascript, however asking
questions on this forum helped me accomplish what I wanted..
This group is a fantastic ressource of different people using TW for
very different things - and I have personally enjoyed that some truely
gifted programmers helped me with some (sometimes terribly advanced)
scripts and explanations when I needed it,,

Learning TW (HTML, Css, Javascript and using different macros) is also
learning how to communicate in an open source sort-of way...
TW is open source - all scripts, plugins and custom made TWs are made
by individuals, who share their work with the world for free...
Imho this means that we (the users) pay back by spreading the word,
mention the author's names, link to correct archives and give support
to other users in the same open source spirit.

>I made the mistake of assuming that this was the primary source of plugins.
>I'll be more specific in the future.

Tiddlytools *is* the best/most extensive centralized source of TW-
plugins made or maintained by Eric Shulman, however *every* TW is a
potential repository - and there are a lot of great plugins-writers,
programmers and Css-wizards, who have put their work out on the web
for everyone to enjoy.

> I'll have a MTC ready for you shortly. And I'll have a good read up on
> Firebug, reverse engineering is how I learn.

An MTC is *the* greatest learningtool you'll ever get - because the
process of creating it, will help you understand how TW works - and
pinpoint the problem - many times you will even find the answers
you'll needed just by eliminating irrelevant things or starting from
scratch...

Another advantage is the fact that more people will be able to
understand what you want to accomplish and might chime in with a
possible solution for your specific problem...

Happy hacking :-)

Cheers Måns Mårtensson