> Better to use the term "tagging" content then so it's clear in this
> context.

very good, but what i mean is not tagging of tiddlers but tagging of
parts of tiddlers.

> What I do is break a longer text down into smaller chunks, what I call
> "nodes", in such a way that it's easy to view the whole work in sequential,
> section/chapter whatever order.
> However because the nodes are now individual tiddlers, they can also be
> "assembled for viewing" according to other criteria, including your topic
> tags.

Ho do you view it then in sequential order?

i think the problem with that is that certain parts of an text have at
the same time different interlocking tags:

Niklas: in my interviews on "Neatness in Gardens" I have a tag
"Snail", I want to mark all sections of in the transcripts with this
tag.
Alex: ((Alex's garden was looking very neat. There were ((few leaves
on his
flowers))#description and ((he was delighted))#emotion.
Niklas: Alex, Do you like Snails? I mean they ate all the leaves of
the your flowers.))#Snails

perhaps the solution would look like something like the preview of the
http://tiddlywiki.abego-software.de/#YourSearchPlugin

but what you could fill in a tiddler and define exactly with (()) what
should be displayed.