> I am trying to get the AutoTagger plug-in to work on my copy of MPTW. I
> have installed it the same way I have with my other plug-ins (including
> labelling it with the "systemConfig" tag) and have ticked (checked) the box
> for "auto".
>
> I have also set TiddlySnip to include "auto" as a Tiddler tag.
>
> As I understand it, any new snipped material should pick up relevant words
> and turns them into tags. I have tried this by snipping some Web material
> containing "TW" (for TiddlyWiki), which is an existing tag. Nothing happens.
>
> Am I not using it right or is it perhaps conflicting with another add-in?

AutoTaggerPlugin [1] hijacks the TWCore store.saveTiddler() function,
so that auto-tagging *should* be triggered whenever a tiddler is
modified.  However, TiddlySnip might be using some other method for
writing the tiddler into the store object, so that it is bypassing the
normal saveTiddler() processing.

Alternatively, as you hypothesized, it might be a conflict with
another plugin that is *replacing* store.saveTiddler() without
*hijacking* it (i.e., failing to call the overridden function, thereby
nullifying all other plugin modifications that were previously
applied).

Try creating an MTC (Minimal Test Case) using *only* TiddlySnip and
AutoTagger, in an otherwise empty document (i.e., without MPTW).  If
that works, then you know it's a conflict.  If it doesn't work, then
we have to look deeper for the problem.

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios

----
WAS THIS ANSWER HELPFUL?  IF SO, PLEASE MAKE A DONATION
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Donations
note: donations are directly used to pay for food, rent,
gas, net connection, etc., so please give generously and often!

Professional TiddlyWiki Consulting Services...
Analysis, Design, and Custom Solutions:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Contact