Sorry... I've been quite busy, and this thread "fell off my radar"...

Try bypassing the TiddlySnip handling by hand-creating a tiddler with
your test content: "The Dropbox daemon works fine on all 32-bit and 64-
bit Linux servers." Make sure to tag that tiddler with "auto" and then
press 'done' to save your changes.  This *should* trigger the
AutoTaggerPlugin logic, and automatically add the extra tags (i.e.,
"DropBox" and "Linux") to the tiddler.

If this works, then the problem lies somewhere in how TiddlySnip is
operating... i.e., it is bypassing the plugin-enhanced
TWCore .saveTiddler(...) function to create tiddlers directly.

If the above test doesn't work, then there might be some kind of
problem with AutoTaggerPlugin.  Make sure you have installed the
latest version from www.TiddlyTools.com.  Also, make sure you have set
the correct checkboxes in the plugin's configuration section.

If none of this reveals anything helpful, then the next step is to
post your MTC document online (using TiddlySpot, DropBox, or other
hosting) and then share the link so people can take a look and maybe
even actively debug the problem "in situ".

-e