> I found an XP computer at work where I could reproduce the problem, and now
> I can also reproduce it at home.
>
> URL encoding of the applet directory and special characters kill the access
> restriction code.
>
> Still thinking about how to solve this.

Yes, in Chrome console sais

"java.lang.RuntimeException: File: file:/E:/0_d/EA - TiddlyWiki
learning/learning.html is not in directory file:/E:/0_d/EA%20-
%20TiddlyWiki%20learning"

Didn't get how to open console in Safari; and I've got some major
problems with Opera: it stopped to even load the applets, both old and
new, and restarting doesn't help. The applet element is loaded, but
nothing happens, and Widnows' left panel (is it "trackbar"?) doesn't
show that Java is used. Any ideas?