Hi,

I tried to import an old and filled with 134 tiddlers TiddlyWiki from a
fresh new vanilla TW. Both are in my hard drive.
I use the standard "import" feature from the tools bar. And I got this
Error :

Error retrieving tiddlers from url, please ensure this url exists and is
CORS enabled

The URL exists since the TW is in my file system and provided by the files
browser.

I read the doc about CORS and don't understand why cross scripting issues
are involved for TW files that are in my hard drive.

So far so good, I try to find something like "Enable CORS" in the new empty
2.6.5 TW options (AdvancedOptions) and do not find anything related.

As far as I can understand, enabling CORS is done through HTTP response
headers headers, but should I install Apache and tweak a host to provide
those headers just for importing tiddlers ? A nightmare when the TW import
feature worked like a charm with most older versions.

Googling for "Firefox CORS" leaded to an extension that enables CORS in FF
: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/forcecors/

I installed it but this did not help : importing tiddlers still drives to
the same error message and imports nothing.

I do not want to copy/paste tiddler per tiddler all these 134 tiddlers.
(title + content + keywords) this would be a nightmare.

The other related messages in this ML didn't help because the users
reported this error message caused from other actions.

I tried the same operation with the other installed bowsers (Safari and
Chrome) and had the same issue.

Thanks by advance for any hint. Please speak slowly because I'm far to be a
JS expert :)
---
Gilles Lenfant