I would agree with Mario that - for lack of a well structured & more
comprehensive documentation - a link to the basic markup guide would be the
bare minimum to get started with adding content.

So, I would as well agree to adding that to GettingStarted tiddler.

In the long run I would prefer a link to a comprehensive documentation... where
 'Markup Guide' or something similar would be one ofthe more prominent topics.

Tobias.