Hi TonyM

I'm very sorry you've been experiencing all these problems. The problem
with corrupted international characters in backups was, as far as we know,
fixed in TiddlyFox 1.0alpha10 or 11, so hopefully you won't have to go
through that particular rigmarole again.

No doubt you've considered it already, but I find working with TiddlyWiki
out of Dropbox to be very helpful, since it takes continuous backups that I
can then access via a web browser. Obviously, not everyone wants to trust
their data to a commercial organisation; that's why TW5 has integrated
encryption.

Best wishes

Jeremy

Jeremy Ruston