On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 11:32:00 AM UTC+2, Eric Weir wrote:

> Looks pretty simple---compared to TiddlyWeb raw. Still have to get my head
> around tiddlers outside a TiddlyWiki. That would probably come pretty
> quickly with getting started with "the new possibility."

Oh, hiding the stuff is not the problem. Exposing it in a way, that is easy
to access and backup, is the challange :)

My only hesitation is that it seems like a lot of "machinery" to run a
> TiddlyWiki.

Yea, that's the other side of the medal. To get rid of the complexity
you'll need to add new layers. That's the price to pay.
On the other hand, you get a "simple to run" system, that can be used with
_every_ browser. ... and ... one tiddlyweb instance can handle many
TiddlyWiki's :)

> At the moment I'm using TW only for maintaining contacts and other
> miscellaneous notes. Back a couple years ago I was using it to create,
> store, and organize research notes in preparation for writing a paper. "The
> new possibility" would be more attractive if I were still doing so.

Since browser vendors are closing more and more backdoors, TiddlyWiki
classic was using, I think it's worth exploring "new possibilities" :)

> As I understand it, there are still some kinks to be worked out? If so, I
> might be persuaded to give it a try once you've done that.

Which OS do you use?

-m