On Saturday, October 26, 2013 10:00:05 PM UTC-7, PVHL wrote:

> Since writing, testing, and publishing my small code change I have been
> having permission issues using it that I didn't have when testing (haven't
> tested the above yet); not sure if a Java update changed things and I'm
> still looking into it. Has anyone had success with my modified TiddlySaver?

Fedora 19
luakit and (webkitgtk 2.0.4) and chrome (30.0.1599.114)
your latest TiddlySaver.jar on git (8221 bytes, md5sum
40940c33746590faa902f95414a80bd7)

TW 2.6.1, Java 1.7.0_25, works fine, with block/unblock prompt once every
session. Chrome also shows the "Java out-of-date, update/run?" once per
session, unless you use '--allow-outdated-plugins'.  I'm reading up on how
to mix signed and unsigned code without triggering the warning - might just
have to set things to 'unblock, with protection' as the default.

TW 2.6.1, Java 1.7.0_45, fails with the TW generic "It's not possible to
save changes" message.

TW 2.8.1, Java 1.7.0_25, TW falls back to downloading the html file on save.

TW 2.8.1, Java 1.7.0_45, TW falls back to downloading the html file on save.