Hi Josh

You can have a "new task" button today. Simply create a skeleton tiddler
that has the task tag, and then include something like this where you want
the button to appear:

<$button message="tw-new-tiddler" param="MyTaskSkeletonTiddler">Create
Task</$button>

In due course there will be a new here function, too.

Best wishes

Jeremy

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 1:25 PM, David Gifford <dgiff...@crcna.org> wrote:

> I agree. The ability to create a new button with options: new with tag,
> new here (that is, new and tagged with the title of the originating
> tiddler), new clone from template, etc will be a LIFE-SAVING feature for
> TiddlyWiki 5.
>
> Dave
>

> On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:58:26 AM UTC-6, Josh wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Loving TW5 just found it last week. Some great new functionality.
>> Previously used and loved TW Classic.
>>
>> I need some help modifying how a standard installation of TW5 works.
>>
>> I use the task management function heavily, where you can tag a tiddler
>> as DONE and TASK and TW5 automatically creates a task list for you?
>>
>> I would like to modify the Green + which creates a new tiddler. I want to
>> duplicate it and whenever it creates a new tiddler I want the button to
>> automatically tag the tiddler with Task. I also want to change the button
>> picture for my custom New Task Tiddler to a "T" for task.
>>
>> Please advise on how to do this? And or point me to where I should read
>> about modifying tiddlywiki in this way?
>>
>> Many Thanks,
>>
>> Josh.
>>
>  --