Josh,

I'm interested in your project as well so let me try to explain how/what
I've learned to make this example.

The classes that I borrowed for my table were already a part of the
HTML/CSSstructure of TiddlyWiki5. I found them when I looked at the "info" view
for
a Tiddler, and inspected the markup that makes the table that appears
there. Since I'm unsure yet how to add custom CSS, I was happy to see that
there were already some classes in place to style my tables in a way that
works out for me. Here's a more carefully formatted example. As you can see
here, there are really only 4 classes at work here. One is for the table,
one for each row, and within a row: one for cells on the left, and one for
cells on the right. So far as I can tell, these classes have nothing to do
with the behavior of TiddlyWiki data, etc. They are strictly for
presentational/design purposes. For example the class .tw-view-field-tablegives
the table a width of 100%. Your table will work just fine without the
use of any of these classes at all. If you want new styles, you can make
new classes and style them with CSS, although as I said I haven't yet tried
that.

Here's a cleaner example of what I'm doing in the the SUBMISSION tiddler:

 <tbody>
 </tbody>