Ok, I'll try, but it may just sound like OCD  :D

> Every time I want to use a button, I could as well just come up with a set
> tiddler name by myself, but I want to have a piece of code that I just
> paste into place and it works, with no changes. I like the example you have
> with show/hide buttons and a reveal block, I want to use it a lot, for long
> chunks of code, for example. That would require me to keep coming up with
> unique names, and put that name in three times (show, hide, reveal).

That makes sense. The <<qualify>> macro is indeed intended to solve just
this problem.

The idea is that you'd use the qualify macro to generate a tiddler title
based on a provided root name, to which the qualify macro appends a string
that is unique for all buttons within the same stack of transclusions.

So, if you <$button set=<<qualify MyState>>> and then late use the same
qualify macro in the same tiddler, then because the qualify macro will
generate the same string in each case, both widgets will refer to the same
tiddler.

You only need to change "MyState" if you've got two such buttons within the
same tiddler, in which case they have to be distinguished with a different
root name. In the case of the button/reveal combination, again you only
need to come up with a unique name for the qualify macro if there are more
than one reveal block within the same tiddler.

It would be nice if one didn't have to create the distinguishing names, but
if you think about it, it's unavoidable; in order to distinguish two
otherwise identical things we have to make something different about one of
them. (We can't use the position of the reference because the same
reference must be generated regardless of where it is done in the tiddler).

I hope that makes sense,

Best wishes

Jeremy

--