Hi!

You can indeed, but you'll need a couple of additional plugins for that.
First, you'll need either CheckboxPlugin (1) or CheckboxToggleTag (2).
Their syntax differs, but they offer similar options. Read their info
tiddlers for more information. Once you decide which one you'll use, add
the appropriate syntax to your fET. Using one of these plugins will involve
adding tags to tiddlers. I suggest you include the TW markup syntax first,
just to see how it would look. It should also help you decide which of the
plugins to use as well as how to go about tagging. You'll also need to add
the appropriate conditions for these tags to fET. Once you have this set
up, you'll also need the RefreshTiddler (3), to force the refresh of the
tiddler containing your fET. Also, you need a button to reset all the
checkbox-added tags. You'll need to write a script which fetches all the
appropriate tiddlers and removes the tags. For that, you'll need
InlineJavascriptPlugin (4). Alternatively, you could just make a plugin for
the whole thing, it would be much more flexible, I think.

hth

(1) http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#CheckboxPlugin
(2) http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#CheckboxToggleTag
(3) http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#RefreshTiddler