Nope, this will only select two days: the 1st of february and the first of
march :-)

By the way, Stephan answered to your question regarding spanning over two
years:

/^(201312|20140[12])/

matches: any date that *starts* with 201312 (that is any day in december)
*PLUS* any date that *starts* with either 201401 or 201402 (that is any day
in january or february).

Regexps are very powerful, but they are also very concise, so it's
sometimes hard to explain to beginners. The best you can do is to follow
some tutorials on the web (see one of the thousands sites on the matter:
http://www.zytrax.com/tech/web/regex.htm#experiment).

X.

-- Xavier Cazin