Hi Xavier,

thanks for that and for the link which I'll look at.

I'm very new to TW and don't have any coding/computer experience but I
appreciate the advantages of using TW5 for my note taking etc. and want to
make more use of it.

However, in trying to learn how to do some basic stuff to make my
tiddlywiki more functional, I'm finding that it can require a lot of time
and commitment to research the answer. Perhaps that's because there's
currently a lack of documentation and this will improve.

I take on board Stephan's fisherman's analogy, but another metaphor, which
I think is more pertinent to my circumstances, is not wanting to re-invent
the wheel.

Needing to spend a long time trying to work out how to perform a simple
task starts to be governed by the law of diminishing returns and it's just
not worthwhile pursuing.

Anyway, that's just my experience as a new comer.

Jon