HI Matabele,
maybe you do not need to regenerate the  tw-set-field event, ie your code

        this.sendMessage = "tw-set-field";
        if(this.catchMessage) {
               this.sendMessage = this.catchMessage;
        }
        this.dispatchEvent({type: this.sendMessage,param: this.sendParam});

can be replace with

return true;

The at present you do not return anything from your handleFieldSet
function, which is the same as returning null (which is the same as false
in this case), this stops the event from propagating to the parent widget.
- returning true will allow propagation (and so you do not need to call
dispatchEvent()).

all the best

BJ