Hi cmari

Yes -- using the <$setfield> and <$mangletags> widgets available
here: http://gwiz.tiddlyspot.com/

<$mangletags find="tag-to-remove">
<$setfield set="!!field-to-set" setTo="value-for-field"
message="tw-mangle-tags">
<$button message="tw-set-field" param="target-tiddler">Set</$button>
</$setfield></$mangletags>

Have a look at the Demos on the site -- the code should give you some ideas
on how to use the widgets. The 'Another Demo', in particular, does
something similar to your needs.