On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 12:32:02 PM UTC-7, Mark Booth wrote:

> >I added the "color"blue" to this line. to get the column names to show.
> >I believe the existing one worked fine on tiddlytools.com, with the
> >light text on dark background, but wasn't visible with dark test on
> >light background.
>
> >gridStyles: '.viewer .grid thead td, .grid thead td {
> >color:blue;background:transparent; }',
>
> Thanks Kieth, I really didn't expect colours to be hard coded into the
> plugin like that.

Colors are NOT hard coded into the plugin.  The CSS style that is
plugin-defined is "background: transparent", and should not be changed.
 You don't need to modify the plugin code to adjust the colors (or other
attributes) of the grid column headings... just ADD a rule for your desired
custom CSS to [[StyleSheet]].  Make sure to use the ".grid" classname in
your CSS rule, like this:

.viewer .grid thead td, .grid thead td { color: blue; }

I am looking in to your other problem (showing characters, regardless of
activities)... It's been a while since I've look through the GridPlugin
code, so I'm not sure if it's a bug, or a usage issue.  I have to set up a
test document to try your minimal sample data so I can understand exactly
what the problem is and then determine a suitable fix or workaround.

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios

YOUR DONATIONS ARE VERY IMPORTANT!
HELP ME TO HELP YOU - MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO MY "TIP JAR"...
   http://TiddlyTools.github.com/fundraising.html#MakeADonation

Professional TiddlyWiki Consulting Services...
Analysis, Design, and Custom Solutions:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Contact