Hi

There was discussion with respect the limitations of button widget
messaging in Hangout #52. I have been investigating the idea of stacking
widgets around a button widget and linking them together with widget
messages -- the widgets may be found at: http://gwiz.tiddlyspot.com/

The approach appears to be working out well and has several advantages:
-- each widget is kept simple
-- intelligent choice of defaults is, therefore, possible
-- avoids unnecessary complexity in the parameters to the button widget
-- resulting buttons can carry out quite complex user actions.

I won't be able to join the discussion due to the poor quality of my
internet connection, but would appreciate discussion with respect the
concept of stacking widgets around a button; especially any foreseen
limitations of this approach.

I don't wish to go too far down a road that might, in the long run, prove
to be wasted effort (and drag others with me who are now adopting some of
these widgets.)

regards