Am Mittwoch, 9. Juli 2014 00:04:45 UTC+2 schrieb Matthew Petty:

> I have a further question. Is there a way to do all this just with tags,
> and not with fields? Is it possible to filter on tags, but only looking for
> the first few characters of the tag? Like you can do with titles.
> The problem is that I would have to go back and set all the fields on my
> task tiddlers. It's easier to set tags in bulk, or with a checkbox.

If it's just ONE tag that each of the tiddlers has, it's easy:

field:tags/^FirstCharacters/

If there is possibly more than one tag per tiddler, but none of them has
spaces, try:

field:tags/(^| )FirstCharacters/

And finally, if spaces in tags are occuring:

field:tags/(^|\[\[| )FirstCharacters/

But be aware that the last one might give you false hits! Example:

If a tag "a b" exists and you want to find tag "b", this one will also find
"a b".

The trick is to make the filter handle the tags-field like a normal field
and to search it using a regular expression.