Hi Daniel

> The same-origin thing PMario talks about will make it hard to use multiple
> sources (for system and content) in-browser.  You could probably run a
> local server and make that server fetch the remote tiddly content and serve
> it up to you itself, so your browser thinks it's all coming locally.  Doing
> it the other way (remote 'system', local tiddler content) can't easily use
> that server-fetching trick, because you'd have to make your local content
> available to a remote server, which would be a security risk I wouldn't
> want to take :)

I'm hoping to get some more time to work on TiddlyDesktop which gives us
some interesting options beyond the browser: things like getting it working
with wikifolders, and to enable wikis to be automatically co-published to
TiddlySpot, exposing standalone TW files over HTTP etc.

> Jeremy's generally pretty great at thinking forward; once the smoke clears
> around tw5 and it's nice and stable, there'll be all sorts of remote
> storage options that we can support with a new tiddlyspot.  How's your JS
> or Ruby (or even PHP, I have a theory that a PHP server would be the
> easiest thing for people to set up on their own servers)... we might need
> to recruit some extra tiddyspot coders to get stuff done :)

Yes, I think having a decent, easy to use PHP back-end option is incredibly
useful as a gateway drug, and to let people work with old-school (cheap)
hosting providers.

Best wishes

Jeremy

> Cheers
> Daniel
>
> --
> Daniel Baird
> objoke: I had a problem and decided to solve it with threading. Now,
> have problems. two I
>
> --

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy.rus...@gmail.com