Hey!
The CSS should go to the Stylesheet. If you'll be doing a plugin, I suggest
setting up your own shadow tiddler stylesheet like this:

config.shadowTiddlers.ExpirationDateStylesheet =
".ExpirationButton {border: 1px solid black; margin: 0 10px;}\n" +
".ExpirationText {color: black; font-weight: bold;}\n" +
store.addNotification("ExpirationDateStylesheet", refreshStyles);

That's one of my short ones. As you can see, the CSS classes are set up the
same as for any HTML page: .ClassName {property: value; property: value;
property: value;}

And yes, you just use the CSS class name as the fifth parameter in the
createTiddlyButton function. Don't forget to put it between quotes.