Thanks Mario

I always thought # meant div and . meant class...so when . doesn't work I
try #...

And I use the !important because years ago someone told me I needed to do
it for do not print in TiddlyWiki classic, so I just carried it over. Never
tried the do not print without it.

Dave

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 12:20 PM, PMario <pmari...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, August 30, 2014 2:50:50 PM UTC+2, David Gifford wrote:
>>
>> @media print {#tw-tags-wrapper {display: none ! important;}}
>>

> Just to clarify.
>
> the hash in CSS means the ID
> eg some HTML code with an id:

> CSS
>
> #myID { background: yellow; }
>
> IDs should be not used with TW, since there can be more than one tiddler
> active at the same time.
> TW needs to work with classes.
>
> -----
>
> some code with a class

> CSS
>
> .tw-my-wrapper{ display: none;}
>

> Important:
>
> If you ever need a construction like this: { display: none !important; }
> you need to file a bug!
> IMO !important is a virus. If I'd like to modify your theme I'd need to
> modify your template and add a style="i am more important" and then we
> are stuck.
>
> see:
> http://www.stubbornella.org/content/2010/07/01/top-5-mistakes-of-massive-css/
>
> have fun!
> mario
>

>  --

David Gifford
Christian Reformed World Missions, Mexico City