Why would both this:

<<toc-selective-expandable "[tag[GettingStarted]!tag[$:/Note]]">>

and this

<<toc-selective-expandable '[tag[GettingStarted]!tag[$:/Note]]'>>

result in this:

Filter error: Syntax error in filter expression

and how do I get it to work? (Make a TOC of all tiddlers that have the tag
GettingStarted but not the tag $:/Note)

p.s. I realize the new CSS is tc-toc. I am using a stylesheet where I have
changed the old tc-table-of-contents to suit my tastes here.