Hi David,

the toc macro does not actually accept a filter expression as its first parameter, but instead just a tag that is then filled into a filter expression. Within the toc-macro, the list widget is invoked with the following filter exp:

<$list filter="[tag[$tag$]$sort$]">

$tag$ is the first parameter, so your

<<toc-selective-expandable '[tag[GettingStarted]!tag[$:/Note]]'>>

leads to it being filled in like this:

<$list filter="[tag[[tag[GettingStarted]!tag[$:/Note]]]]">

And this is obviously not a well-formed filter expression. However this is not the end of the line. To make
your filter work, you can do a filter injection by doing

<<toc-selective-expandable 'GettingStarted]!tag[$:/Note'>>

so that it becomes

<$list filter="[tag[GettingStarted]!tag[$:/Note]">

which will work but doesn't make for good end-user experience whatsoever.

/Andreas