I don't know of any great tutorials, but I have found this tool very
helpful:

http://www.regexper.com

It decompiles a regexp into a nice easy to read "railroad" diagram, makes
it much easier to decode what's going on.

For example, a particularly hairy regexp in the TW source code is this one:

/\s*([A-Za-z0-9\-_]+)(?:\s*:\s*(?:"""([\s\S]*?)"""|"([^"]*)"|'([^']*)'|\[\[([^\]]*)\]\]|([^"'\s]+)))?/mg

Regexper transforms it into this:

[image: Inline image 1]

Best wishes

Jeremy

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 2:47 PM, Stephan Hradek <stephan.hra...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I LOVE RegExps, but as I'm using them for almost 20 years now, I can't
> tell you of any good tutorial.
>
> Why not take any online regexp tester and any documentation and simply try
> it out.
>
> I also like the jEdit texteditor very much as it has good RegExp support
> and works on almost any platform having Java. You can use that to test
> regular expression search and replace.
>
> --

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy.rus...@gmail.com