On Monday, October 6, 2014 6:28:32 PM UTC+2, Rick Williams wrote:

> We have tw5.1.2 installed for Node.js and with NGINX. We're using a daemon
> to run the wiki out of it's own directory (/home/ncemonwiki/emonwiki) and
> using SSL to access the nginx server running one the same server.
>
> At initial connect from Chrome browser, it takes about 60 seconds to
> server the wiki.

I don't understand, where those 60 seconds come from. It should be not more
than if you go to tiddlywiki.com. ... Assuming you have similar number of
tiddlers and your server is not a watch.

I'm not sure, if I understand "we are using SSL to access the nginx
server". you have a https:// domain? This shouldn't add that much overhead.

What internet connection do you use? downlaod speed?
What is your client hardware?

Eventually, we'd also like to be able to navigate directly to individual
> tiddlers (with permanent url) with less than 3 second response.

TiddlyWiki can build a static html version for every tiddler. So it would
be easy to serve it with nginx. Depending on the location of your server
and the location of the user it shouldn't be more than 400 ms for a static
page. If I load tiddlywiki.com it needs about a second and consider this to
be slow.  I personally won't see a page, that needs 3 seconds. I close the
tab after 2 :/ ... joking, but imo 3 seconds is frustrating.

-m