I meant to say that marco are NOT used to interact with the dom, macros in
tw5 are not the same type of thing as the macros in twc, - they are used to
dynamically create wikitext.
However in a javascript macro, as you have access to the browser window,
you could put an alert or write to the window, BUT it would not fit in with
the way that things work in tiddlywiki5.
Note that macro invocation is trigger by the parser - it cannot be
triggered (directly) by dom events, you would need to put your macro inside
a <$reveal> widget and arrange widgets so that a button click will trigger
the 'reveal' (this sounds more complicated than it is).

BJ

On Wednesday, October 29, 2014 5:13:37 PM UTC, BJ wrote:

> Hi Uwe,
> macros are used in tw5 to interact with the dom, widgets are used for that
> - most functionally can be handled  by using the existing widgets (widgets
> are part of the tw5 wikitext).

Cheers