Hi Danielo

Should I update the form of the widget message calls e.g. change
'tw-setfield' to 'tm-setfield'? This would maintain consistency with other
widget messages but break backward compatibility -- or I could listen for
both the old form of the messages (for backward compatibility) and the new
form for new users.

If I change the 'tw-newtiddler' message call in the <$maketid> widget to
'tm-newtiddler' -- this breaks backward compatibility with the beta
versions of TW5 (and I think maintaining two versions will be confusing.) I
suppose it would be possible to issue both forms of the message, which
would work for both the beta versions and versions 5.1.x

I wish to avoid numerous changes which break backward compatibility thus
necessitating numerous code changes for those who have made use of the
widgets.

I would appreciate some ideas on which way to go ...

regards