Hi Danielo and Matabele,

I've been out of TW for the last weeks because I had no time. Concerning your
discussion, here goes my point of view.

I enjoyed and used a lot Danielo's and Matabele's plugins, but since my TW for
Scholars is outdated and all my own code needs to be revised, and   since the
core now affords complex actions with buttons, I'm going to start from scratch
with tw's stable release and see how far I can go that way, without plugins. My
own policy is not to use plugins unless they are necessary.

But now I don't know what can be done with maketid and other plugins that is
not possible with the core alone. And I don't know if it's worth the effort to
just update them, or to ensure backward compatibility with pre-stable versions
like mine because I don't want to stay in beta for ever. I would rather prefer
new plugins that extend 5.1.5 capabilities.

You guys are doing a great job for end users like me. Thanks again for that!

Alberto