I asked the same thing back in September:

  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/ShwJuDPhSTQ

According to Jeremy, the problem is that the browser API doesn't expose the
file paths during a drag/drop. So it would take some additional Firefox
plugin or other tool to allow this.

It is possible to open a file browser in a firefox tab and then drag/drop
file names from there. However, they are imported as "untitled" tiddlers
and have to be massaged into usable links. Obviously, FF does allow access
to the file path name when dragging from another FF tab.  So a good
compromise solution to my way of thinking would be if TW could turn those
drag/drops into usable file or image links.

Mark